Wellness apps have become all the rage as companies seek a low cost and effective way of assisting employees with their wellbeing.
In fact, demand is so big that there are more than 350,000 health apps in the market!
To save you researching all of them, we’re introducing seven of the leading employee wellness apps and platforms available in the UK today.
Need advice on finding the best employee wellness or benefits platform for your company? Contact one of our friendly brokers FREE of charge on 01273 222805 or click on the bottom right chat box.
7 of the best employee wellness apps today
Unmind describes itself as a “cultural change platform” designed to help boost mental health and wellbeing. Its app helps leaders to create psychologically safe and engaged work environments whilst giving staff the power to take control of their own mental health and care.
Using science-backed insights on both an individual and organisational level, Unmind can spot trends before they have even become a problem, allowing employers to use data to create a personal strategy suited to the business.
Some of the features included in the app:
- Self-guided courses
- Personalised recommendations
- Relaxation practices
- Healthy recipes
- Wellbeing-centred training platform: empathetic management training for employers to build up their own confidence
- Exclusive and tailored events bringing together people from across organisations
- 24/7 helplines
- Local healthcare providers/services
- Customisable content
Next up we have the all-in-one employee wellness and perks platform, YuLife! YuLife acts as a wellbeing hub for your staff, focusing on rewarding and measuring simple steps towards healthier living. For example, their ‘YuCoin’ plan acts as a form of motivation to exchange healthy habits for vouchers, discounts and gifted experiences.
Other features of the YuLife platform include:
- Wellbeing challenges to boost teamwork
- Rewards for staff, including retail and travel discounts
- Virtual GP services
- 24/7 therapy access
- Prescription delivery for staff and their families
- Synced up to other popular wellbeing apps e.g., Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Health and more
- Connect YuCoin to good causes
Headspace for Work offer a mindfulness-based mental health support tool for employees. Now with over 70+ million downloads, Headspace offer teams access to hundreds of meditations and exercises for stress, focus, engagement, sleep, and physical health.
Headspace focus on providing expert support to employers and staff, helping teams become healthier, happier and more resilient.
Some of its features include:
- Hundreds of exercises tackling stress, focus, productivity, sleep and more
- Staff onboarding assistance
- Employee usage insights
- Live meditations
- Wellness ebooks and guides
- Leadership masterclasses
Calm has been designed to improve overall wellbeing by helping improve sleep, reduce anxiety, alleviate stress and boost overall mental health. Calm offers a mixture of individual and group settings to help develop mental wellness habits and support employees. Using powerful analytics, the app will also help employers gain valuable insights on their staff, leading to a better overall wellbeing strategy.
The Calm wellness app is all about giving staff the opportunity to learn more on ways to take better care of themselves, and take control of their wellbeing.
Calm’s features include some of the following:
- Guided meditations
- Mindfulness programmes
- Breathing exercises
- Self-guided experience: staff have direct access from any device
- Interactive discussions / workshops
- Support and insights for leaders
- Digital events / webinars
- Family support, including for children
Need friendly advice you can trust? Our award-winning brokers are dedicated to helping start-ups and SMEs find the right perks at the right price. Simply call 01273 222805 or use the chatbox on the right.
PerkUp is a rewards and engagement platform which provides more of a focus on rewards and perks. Nonetheless, it does provide wellness features too which are worth exploring.
PerkUps flexible wellness tools include:
- Fitness perks (gym access, yoga classes and more)
- Mental health support (including meditation apps and one-to-one therapy sessions)
- Lifestyle allowances (including spas, massages, live event tickets and more)
- Home office allowance (including for standing desks, wireless keyboards and ergonomic chairs)
Outside of its wellness package, employers can also key in major accomplishments, schedule team events, birthdays, celebrations, team lunches, and major milestones through the easy-to-use management tools. This will in turn boost retention and recruitment levels by showing you appreciate your teams.
#6 Vitality Health app
It’s worth remembering that all the major health insurance providers also offer free health apps with their policies. One such example is the Vitality Health app. Staff under the Vitality health insurance plan will gain access to the wellness app, enabling them to keep track of their health, rewards, and benefits.
The Vitality Health app includes features such as:
- Rewards tracker: track progress towards lifestyle rewards including free coffee, cinema tickets, TV subscriptions, optical care and more
- Healthy Living status tracker (via a fun points-based system)
- Easy access to Vitality’s health plan
- Connectivity to any device
- Step trackers and exercise prompts
#7 Wellness 360
Wellness 360 is a wellness app with the stated aim of helping employees stay “fit, focused and energised”. Like any good wellness provider, they take a holistic approach, a fact reflected in their brand name. The app also helps connect employers and staff, acting like a social hub.
Some of Wellness 360’s features include:
- Health risk assessments
- Free health coaching
- Biometric screening
- Team challenges to boost teamwork and develop a fun approach to wellbeing
- Easy-to-use comms
- Device and app integration
- Company branding
Apps, benefits and beyond…
“You can’t just log in to a healthy mind. Employees are overwhelmed and burning out, the role of leadership is changing, and organisations are taking the hit.” – Unmind
Employee wellness apps can be a great addition to your overall wellbeing package. They are best used as part of a wider system of workplace benefits, such as private health insurance and other protection schemes.
But don’t worry – enlisting FREE help from an independent benefits broker like Hooray Health & Protection makes the process of finding the right mix of benefits much simpler
Our friendly team will talk you through how wellbeing apps work alongside other benefits package, and reveal practical ways of gaining maximum value from it.
Our dependable (did we mention award-winning?!) team are happy to answer any queries, no matter how simple or complex. The Hooray team will gather quotes from the whole UK market and take the time to listen to the specific needs of your business.
Contact us at [email protected] or call 01273 222805 for FREE no-obligation advice and support.